Southeast Regional Webinar: Fun with Coaching "Stuck"
Date: Thursday, March 10 2022 -
11am Central Time- 12:30pm
Presenter: Teresa Pool, MCC
CCEU: 1.5 CC
“Help! What do I do with a client that stalls, doesn’t know what to do next, can’t decide or take action? When they are totally stuck and neither one of us seem to know what to do about it, I feel like I’m failing as a coach and the client isn’t getting any value from what I have to offer. Where do I go from here?”
Sound familiar? It is an uncomfortable place to be. Sometimes the coach takes on blame, “If I was a better coach, I’d know how to get us moving again.” Sometimes the frustration is laid at the feet of the client, “This client isn’t coachable.” Or the coach reverts to their mentoring/teaching/consulting toolkit to get things moving.
In this session, we will reframe stuck and see the amazing opportunities it provides both coach and client. Growth occurs in the juicy place right before things get unstuck.
· Gain new perspectives on “stuck” as a powerful (and even fun!) stage of change
· Learn immediately applicable strategies for embracing and exploring stuck
· Observe coaching Stuck in a live demo
Participants will learn:
Supports CC #4 Trust and Safety
· Creating a safe, supportive environment for exploration
· Ability #3 respects the client talents, insights, and work in the coaching process
Supports CC #5 Maintains Presence
· Ability #1 remains focused, observant, empathetic and responsive while the client explores a challenging inner experience
· Ability #5 is comfortable working in a space of not knowing
Supports CC #6 Listens Actively
· Ability #2 reflects or summarizes what the client communicated to ensure clarity and understanding
Supports CC #7 Evokes Awareness
· Ability #4 Asks questions that help the client explore beyond current thinking
· Ability #6 Notices what is working to enhance client progress
100% Core Competency focused
Teresa Pool is a highly experienced coach and human behavior specialist with over 25 years of working with leaders and teams to select the best talent, overcome barriers and create a higher degree of success. Her passion is identifying and resolving the people component of challenging business problems. Her work spans multiple industries and companies of all sizes. Her specialty is partnering with senior executives and high potential leaders that want to move quickly to the next level of performance.
In addition to her nation-wide private practice, Teresa is the ACTP Director for the Executive Coach Training Program at the University of Texas at Dallas. She also provides career development coaching for their Executive MBA program. Teresa has coached professionally since January 2001 and is credentialed by the International Coach Federation as a Master Certified Coach with over 5,000 coaching hours. She also holds credentials as a Certified NeuroTransformational Coach (CNTC) and Neuro Linguistics Master Practitioner.
Because this webinar is being offered by ICF Global, registration requires a two-step process. The first step is to register with ICF-AR-OK. Once you successfully register and make payment, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to register with global. Payment is only required during the first step. The second step authorizes global to send you the Zoom link for the webinar.